Cameras are a kind of electronic equipment used to record footage or take photos. Cameras use a photo sensor to take a picture through an objective. The more megapixels a camera has, the higher the resolution of a photo is. In order to have a high quality photo a camera must also have good stabilization. If you have a combination of a good stabilizer and a high quality sensor, you will be able to take very crisp photos with great resolution.
But not all cameras are created equal. Some are very good, and others are not able to make high quality pictures, instead showing blurry and low resolution results.
So, in order to make a wise choice you have to study how cameras work, then learn about the brands, then look at the market and compare prices. All of this takes time, so you will have to work hard.
However we have done this work for you, and in our list we have assembled the best 12 cameras in the world, bringing DSLR cameras, mirrorless and digital models and even Polaroids.
This camera is interesting for being able to make videos at a 4K resolution.
This makes it one of the best cameras around. The photos it makes are also in 4K quality, but with even better resolution.
The Vario Elmarit Lens that the camera is equipped with is able to give excellent optical zoom, up to 24 times the original size. This allows you to take excellent distance photos of a distant terrain.
The model has a 12.1 megapixel sensor, which makes epic photos possible at any time of the day.
The device is designed with a rugged composition, and the material it is made of resists splashes and dust well.
The camera has a 5-axis stabilization system, which makes photos less blurry and allows you to shoot even when holding the camera with one hand.
- The camera is able to record videos at a very good resolution
- The device is well protected from water and dust, which is very helpful when traveling
- The resolution and quality of the pictures is also great
- It is not possible to change the camera’s lens
This device is able to interface with any smartphone or even wireless SD cards. The wire also lets you connect it to any PC or laptop.
The high-performance 16 megapixel sensor allows you to shoot photos at a good resolution.
The model is able to get the best sweet spot between image quality and resolution, since 16 megapixels is just about the right amount.
The device has a good wireless chip that allows you to send pictures straight to any other wireless device, be it a laptop, a computer or a smartphone.
The sensor has a very good light sensitivity, leading to it being possible to capture images at night.
The shake-reduction mechanism makes it possible for the camera to avoid any kind of motion blur if the user is not able to hold the camera still.
The device can shoot photos at a very high resolution, and it is also possible to make videos with a resolution of 1080 p. This means you will be able to record even moments with quick-moving objects at a high resolution.
- The camera has very good water and dust resistance
- The device is able to record video and photo at a very good resolution
- The model is pretty easy to hold still, and it is of a very ergonomic shape
- The lens that is shipped with the camera is a bit subpar
This powerful camera is equipped with a lens that makes 50X zoom possible. To prove this just look up the user photos, which show the camera taking pictures of the Moon, and showing the surface of the moon in detail. The camera is also equipped with a 16 megapixel sensor that makes such quality pictures possible.
The camera has a pair of interesting abilities – it has both NFC and Wi-Fi chips installed that make it possible to quickly transfer any picture from your camera to your smartphone or computer.
The CMOS sensor is able to make high quality pictures, and it is also to make great night images.
The device is compatible with the Canon picture storage device that can be bought separately and used in tandem with this camera.
The device can make Full HD video.
- The camera is able to shoot high quality footage both in photo and video
- The light weight of the camera makes it easy to point and take a photo right away, so it is simple to use
- The device is equipped with many modifiable settings that you can change and tune
- The camera has pretty small buttons that are hard to find in the dark
This model is able to take pictures with excellent resolution using its 24.2 megapixel sensor.
The camera cannot shoot videos – instead it takes pictures at a rate of 10 pictures per second. While technically this does not count as video, it does make a good slideshow.
The images are stored in the RAW format, so no information is lost. Even though this does lead to the file size being bigger, the picture does turn out to be excellent.
The full frame image sensor has a diagonal of 35 millimeters that
The device is shipped with a lens hood and a set of lenses. There is also a rechargeable battery shipped. It can be removed and switched for a new one.
- The camera is able to take very high quality pictures
- Very good picture stabilization
- The zoom is able to magnify the picture to a great extent
- There is no possibility of shooting video, but the camera was not intended for that
This camera has a powerful sensor with a power of up to 20 megapixels. This makes it possible for the device to take high resolution photos from any distance. The model also has a powerful stabilizer, offering 5-axis stabilization.
The device has a weather sealed body. That means it is moderately waterproof and will not be damaged by any kind of splashes or drops from the weather.
The size of this model is very compact, and it is able to work as a point camera – it needs no tripod to make good pictures.
The telephoto lens makes it possible to take pictures from large distances.
- Over 90 percent of the reviews about this model are positive
- The device is able to take very high resolution pictures
- The camera is light and very easy to carry around
- The battery life could be better
This is a superior DSLM camera that is able to make videos at a resolution of 4K. This makes it possible for the user to separate out select pictures and therefore you will never miss a moment.
The camera is also interesting for having a very small and compact size. This makes it also one of the most portable cameras on the market.
The focusing is automatic, and it allows quick and effortless focus on the subject of the photo.
The sensor is also interesting for being able to shoot excellent pictures in moonlight and full darkness. This gives you the opportunity to get wonderful night-time pictures and even videos.
- The camera takes excellent night pictures, and may get epic pictures of the Milky Way and stars
- The portability and small size of this camera make it easier to carry around
- The camera has over 90 percent of good reviews, making it a leader on the market
- The only bad reviews are about people receiving a broken or defective camera
This camera is very reliable, and is not affected by weather, resists water even when submerged to a depth of 50 feet, and is not damaged by dust or salty environments. It also can withstand abuse, shock from dropping, and even a heavy load of 100 kilograms without failing.
This model records excellent quality 4K 2160 p ultra-high-definition footage at a frame rate of 120 fps.
The camera has multiple different shooting modes, including an up to 8-power zoom, a detailed magnified mode for taking pictures of details, and many underwater modes.
The battery life ranges from 30 (continuous video recording) to 110 minutes (without using special features), depending on use.
This model is very lightweight, weighing in at only 250 grams. Because of this it is very portable, and can be placed anywhere, whether it is your backpack or pocket, without weighing you down or getting in the way.
- Surprisingly high-quality picture and video quality for such a compact and lightweight camera
- Can take a real beating, almost indestructible
- Great for taking pictures underwater
- Does not come with a lens cover
This inexpensive camera weighs only 4.5 ounces, meaning that it is very easy to carry around on a daily basis. Its small dimensions also make it very pocketable.
This model is equipped with a powerful 20.1-megapixel image sensor that allows you to take amazing quality pictures. The brightness and contrast will automatically be adjusted depending on your surroundings, light level and environment. As a result, simple point-and-shoot photos will sometimes look like professionally edited pictures.
The camera has a unique panorama mode that allows you to take pictures at very wide angles (all the way up to 360 degrees). All you need to do is to activate the mode and begin slowly panning around – the camera will automatically snap multiple pictures and connect them, creating a very wide image.
Another interesting feature is the smile detector, which snaps a picture as soon as it detects a smile. This is useful when you are taking family pictures.
This camera charges from a computer by means of a simple USB cable, which is extremely convenient.
- Compact and lightweight
- Multiple amazing features for such an inexpensive product
- Great quality photos
- Necessary cables must be bought separately
This is a small and cute-looking camera that is now available in a wide variety of beautiful colors. The overall shape and design of the camera also makes it look nice, and it is a great gift for both kids and grown-ups.
The camera is powered by a pair of double-A batteries, and this is very convenient, since it makes it possible to carry a quick replacement charge with the camera.
The camera automatically detects the amount needed for exposure, and it is able to focus automatically as well.
The selfie mode is very good too, and the camera uses a mirror to give you the chance to make a perfect selfie.
The macro mode makes it possible to take photographs of small items without using any kind of attachment lens.
- The camera makes very good quality pictures
- There is a special mirror for taking selfies
- The overall design of this camera is very cute, and there are many new colors available
- Heavier than most such Polaroid cameras